Can you believe that May is already almost over?! Sometimes it feels like the older you get, the more quickly time flies. Here’s a little look at what I’ve been musing about this month!
- If you read last month’s musings, or follow along on social media, you may remember me talking about this talent I have for breaking my feet. It’s been a really long recovery road this time around, and I’ll be honest – I entirely underestimated the effect it was going to have on my body, my sanity, and my business. There were a lot of days that had me randomly bursting into tears out of frustration because I wasn’t able to do a simple task like standing up to have a shower. I fell behind in work, and for a couple of weeks I couldn’t even leave home without my husband there to help me. I’m so thankful to have had him there to help get me through it, and to throw me over his shoulder like a fireman to carry me up the stairs on days when it just hurt too much to move. He’s a keeper, this one <3 (Thankfully, I’m now air-cast-free and walking better every day!)
- Not only do I have the best and most understanding husband, but clients, too! We live in a world where we are almost entirely reliant on technology to function. And I’m sure it’s not news to any of you when I talk about the frustration it causes when technology just isn’t on your side! I’ve been plagued with constant email problems over the last few weeks and I can’t tell you how incredibly understanding everyone has been in the process! You’re all the BEST and I can’t thank you enough!
- Nothing relaxes me more than the open road and a good playlist. My personal life has been busybusybusy! My closest friends have all been celebrating some huge milestones in their lives – engagements, birthdays, weddings, and new business launches… It’s been so great getting to take some time off to celebrate with them and remember what’s most important in life! No one can work 24/7, and it took me a long time to learn, but taking a day off is actually the best thing that I can do for my business, my clients, and my productivity – and I loved every minute of it :)
- Jane the Virgin… Has anyone ever watched this show? I put it on one day because Netflix had been recommending it to me for months, and especially on those incredibly long days of working from my laptop on the couch while my foot healed, I needed some background noise. Now I’m honestly obsessed. It really helps avoid getting “a case of the Mondays” every week because I get a new episode every Monday night haha
- As if May wasn’t crazy enough, things are about to get even crazier around here. Not only is wedding season in full force, but my family and I are also moving into a new home in June! As much as we all hate the actual task of moving, we’re all so excited for this new, fresh start! I’m so excited to get to finally decorate our space… Goodbye, ugly brown walls… Hello, bright new home!
Check back next month to hear all about the new place, the excitement and craziness of wedding season, and whatever else June throws at me along the way :)
(A little (pun intended) “Flashback Friday” photo of the last family photos we had done a couple of years ago! Time for an update… And to find my hard drive with bigger files on it! Taken by the wonderful NovaMarkina Photography)