Monthly Musings | “March”
For the sake of this blog, let’s just pretend like it’s not April 3rd for a few minutes, and that I’m not late in posting March’s Monthly Musings! ;)
It’s the ever-wonderful tax season (insert heavy sarcasm here). Last week was filled with numbers, spreadsheets, and formulas, and I was left feeling exhausted and drained of any form of creativity – my brain was on complete overload. So I took a break from blogging and social media while I was lost in the chaos, but I’m back and excited to get things back to normal!
Here’s what I’ve been musing about this month:
- I am a bit obsessed with Spotify. It really just gets me! haha. Spotify understands that I can’t just narrow it down to one thing. I love logging on and seeing my list of “Your Daily Mixes” – 90’s throwbacks, top 40, punk & hard rock, Canadian bands, indie, and electronic were some of my favourites last week :) (If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen this pop up in my stories!)
- If you and your significant other are on opposite work schedules like my husband and I are, you’re probably overly familiar with a struggle that we go through daily…. the Netflix binge watch struggle. I will admit, I’m a “Netflix cheater”. Sometimes I just can’t help but sneak in a few episodes of our favourite shows without Matt while he’s at work ;) (Riverdale, anyone?! I was a HUGE Archie comic – and Luke Perry – fan when I was growing up, and I am seriously loving this show!)
- Our social media workshop was amazing! We had such a great turnout – 18 small business owners and social media creators came out to learn some tips on taking their game to the next level. They had so many great questions and ideas to share. I couldn’t have asked for anything better! It went so well that we’re thinking about hosting another one. If it’s something that you would be interested in, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll talk more!
- As a business owner, I hear it all the time – running a business is HARD. And it really, really is. But it’s also so great and so worth it. Last week I had one of those days – those days where you think, “This is it. I had my fifteen minutes and now my time is up.” I was lost in the stress and thought it was time to throw in the towel. But, like many, many other times of stress and worry in my life, a quick phone call and visit from my mom put things into perspective and made me realize that it wasn’t so bad after all :)
- Spring Mini’s are here! We are only a few short weeks away from the spring bloom, and I am counting down the days! Not only is it so gorgeous outside, but I absolutely love kicking things off with Spring Mini’s under the gorgeous magnolia trees in Springbank Park. If you’re interested in booking a session, get in touch soon – these sessions sell out every year!
That’s it for my musings this month, but I’d love to hear from you, too! What are you binge watching on Netflix right now? What are you looking forward to most now that spring is finally here?! Leave some of your own musings in the comments!
Until next time… ;)